Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm A Grandma!!!

A horsie grandma, that is. We knew my mare would deliver any day and, bless her heart, she did it before the storms come through tomorrow. Slogging through ankle deep mud to round up my mare and a brand new baby would not have been fun.

Anyway, DD came home this afternoon to find that Baby had arrived. Once again, the pictures are by DD. Isn't the baby a sweetie? My mare is a very good Mommy. She doesn't want the other horses too close, but she never gives us any trouble giving the shots and other, um, little doctor-stuff that needs to be done.

I swear our other mare, who is like Earth Mother, was looking at me like "Do you see what I went through while you were gone? I had to deliver this baby ALL BY MYSELF!"
















5 comments:

  1. Beautiful - the foal is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too, too sweet!!! Wish I could be there to give you and the young'un a cuddle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!! Now you make me miss our Ap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shots of the two of them are really touching. Beautiful! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna see more baby pix!!!

    ReplyDelete